During my Whole 30, I found it was much easier to find recipes that were marked as paleo, versus ones that were marked as Whole 30. These diets can be very similar, but have some different theories backing them up. There are also differences in what foods you should eat. One of the main differences between Whole 30 and the paleo diet is how desserts and treats are treated. Under Whole 30, you don’t eat any sugar of any kind, and you are not supposed to use compliant ingredients to make some kind of treat-type concoction. Paleo diets don’t have this restriction, although grains, dairy, and heavily processed sugars are all normally excluded.
Since Whole 30, I’ve kind of settled into a paleo-type diet, for the most part. I haven’t been able to find many dessert or treat options that fit with the types of food I want to be eating, so I found a bunch of recipes from some other members of Food Bloggers of Canada, and I’m sharing them with you! Just a note, just because a recipe is labeled “paleo”, “dairy-free”, “gluten-free”, “protein cookies”, or anything else in my search history on Pinterest, does not mean they are healthy, it just describes the kind of ingredients you’re looking at. There is probably still sugar, but the ingredients overall might have more nutritional value than the processed cookies you found at the grocery store. Also, let’s remember that sugar, whether it’s honey, agave, maple syrup, raw brown rice syrup, cane sugar, or coconut sugar, is still sugar.
2. Orange Chocolate Hemp Bites from Pasta to Paleo
3. Double Chocolate Mousse Torte from Flavour & Savour
4. Pina Colada Popsicles from Farm Girl City Chef
5. Carrot Cashew and Apricot Energy Squares from Making Healthy Choices
6. Lemon Lavender Cakes from Phruitful Dish
7. Paleo Baked Apple from The Primal Desire
8. Raw Hemp Chocolates from Unconventional Baker
9. Vegan No Bake Key Lime Avocado Pie from She Loves Biscotti
10. Ginger Mango Chia Pudding from From Pasta to Paleo
11. Paleo Chocolate Truffles from The Primal Desire
12. Raw Lemon Ginger Chia Cheesecake from Unconventional Baker