The last couple weeks have seen an enormous spike in my views on this blog!!! And before we all get excited, all I mean by that is that a handful of people (Hi Mom! Hi former roommates!) looked at it instead of no one, but that also there are some new people checking it out! And that’s pretty cool. If you like what I do, let me know. If you make any of my recipes, let me know how they turn out. And if you’re on the Facebook, check me out riiiiiggghhhhtttt here.
This recipe was more or less inspired by the cheese toast thing my mom used to make when I was little and came home from school for lunch. The twist is that now I’m not six years old and I’ll eat “mixed together food” and put some tomatoes and avocado in it. It’s not a difficult recipe, but it made a perfect lunch when I was stuck at home with the snow last week and couldn’t get to work. For those who are about to say “Avocados are expensive!!! No freaking way!!!”, hang on a sec. I only buy avocados when I can get a bag of five or six of them for less than $4.I think the bag I found this time was $2.99. Otherwise it’s not happening. And then I eat them like crazy for the five minutes when they’re all ripe at the same time, and then I have to wait for the next time they’re on sale.
This recipe makes 1 little toast, and is perfect for a quick breakfast, cozy lunch with some tea (have you noticed I pair everything with tea?) or a really quick light dinner.
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp shredded marble cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Alternatively, this can be done in a toaster oven set to the same temperature.
- Cover a baking sheet in tin foil and place the bread on it. Arrange the avocado and tomato slices on it in a single layer and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and the bread is toasted.