The weather has finally calmed down here and settled into something resembling November instead of August. I personally am embracing it with copious amounts of tea, wearing cozy leggings to the gym instead of freezing my butt off when we have to run outside, and wearing scarves absolutely everywhere I go.
I mentioned in this post most recently about trying to get more vegetables into breakfast, and that applies to fruit too. One whole medium apple is a serving that counts towards your total recommended 7 – 10 servings of veggies and fruit every day. I didn’t pile a whole apple onto my toast here, but I ate the rest on the side. Pile on as much as you want, you can’t go wrong!
This recipe makes 1 serving, and is a complete meal when paired with some protein to keep you full, like cheese, ham, or a hard boiled egg. Or try it with a tall glass of low-fat milk.
- 1 slice whole wheat toast
- 1 tsp margarine or butter
- a hefty pinch each of cinnamon and brown sugar
- 1 medium-sized apple
- Toast the bread.
- Meanwhile, cut the apple into thin slices.
- Spread the margarine or butter on the toast. Sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar over top. Top with apples.
- Eat the rest of the apple and keep the doctor away.