So I have another peach recipe, because there’s tons of them around and I need to use ours up before they go bad. There’s lots of recipes for grilled peaches floating around, but I’ve never tried them so I went with the easiest version I could possibly do. I’d love to play around with spicing them up. I also think these could be sliced and put on a salad, with some spring mix, cucumber, bacon, and bocconcini.
An update on my CrossFit adventures: I finished my fundamental classes on Tuesday and I’ve been going to normal workouts. Basically I’m sore all the time but it is lovely. It’s only been two weeks but I can feel a difference in my arms and glutes. And I can completely see how people get addicted to it, with a new workout every day. Basically it’s just great.
This recipe makes 1 serving, but can easily be doubled, or quadrupled, or whatever you need.
- 1 large peach (firm enough not to fall apart on the BBQ, not so firm that its hard)
- 1 tsp butter, melted in the microwave
- Preheat the BBQ on medium-high heat.
- Slice the peach in half and remove the pit.
- Place each peach half, slice side down, in the butter to coat the one side so it won’t stick to the BBQ.
- Place the peach halves, butter side down, on the BBQ.
- Let them cook for 5 minutes, or until there are grill marks and the peach is starting to get soft.
- Remove from the BBQ and top with vanilla frozen yogurt.