So I opened Facebook this morning and it was FULL of pictures of people graduating! I can’t believe the Class of 2015 has finally made it, but tomorrow I will be graduating too! So congrats to everyone!
Today I’ve got a recipe for a Chickpea Pasta Salad. One of the easiest ways to keep your eating on track during the summer when you just don’t want to cook is to make salads in large batches and keep them on hand in the fridge. This salad has protein in the chickpeas to keep you full and is colourfully packed with veggies to help you fill half your plate! I can see it pairing really well with the Beer-Garlic Grilled Chicken I’m planning to post on Friday, so stay tuned!
This recipe makes 6 cups of salad.
- 2 cups cooked rotini pasta
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cheery tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Combine the pasta, chickpeas, cucumber, green onions, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Mix until everything is distributed evenly.
- Add the feta, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and olive oil, and mix again.