Since I’ve been on a theme lately with breakfasty-type foods that can (and should) be eaten for all meals, this wrap will fit in quite nicely. Pretty much, it consists of strange things in the fridge that needed to be used up. It’s the wrap equivalent of this salad. I know that since it’s the beginning of summer, everyone’s looking for more ways to include fresh veggies in their meals. Spinach should be starting to be in season in Ontario, depending on where you are, so this is also a great way to incorporate local produce! Fyi, next week is Local Food Week so this would be an awesome way to celebrate! This wrap is vegetarian, and could be made gluten free by using a gluten-free tortilla.
As always, if you like what I’m doing, you can like me on Facebook and I’d love if you shared this blog around!
This recipe makes one wrap.
- 1 large flour tortilla (ideally whole wheat, but I only had white on hand)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup spinach, with the stems removed
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp light goat cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- Spread the cheese in the middle of the tortilla. Top with the onion, capers, spinach, and tomatoes.
- Fry your egg however you would like it (I just quickly scrambled the yolk halfway through and cooked it thoroughly but you could leave it runny).
- Top the wrap with the egg and roll up like a burrito.