Everyone who knows me knows that my favourite colour is without a doubt purple. As I’m sitting here, I’m typing at a purple laptop in a purple sweater. I’m pretty much Mabel Murple. Probably because of this, I think that eggplants are gorgeous and I’m always trying to figure out what an easy way to cook them is. The red onion keeps the purple theme going, while green pepper and zucchini round out the dish. This was a super easy dish to make after work one night. I had just a giant bowl of veggies for dinner, and then reheated the leftovers in a pan and served it over a piece of tilapia the next night. They would also be amazing reheated and then tossed with whole wheat pasta, olive oil, and parmesan cheese. I’m all for recipes that leave me with lots of leftovers to work with in different ways so I’m not eating the same thing for days on end! This recipe makes roughly six servings.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Wash all the veggies. Chop everything into large, bite-sized pieces.
- Put the veggies in a large bowl and toss them with the olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper until everything is coated.
- Spread the veggies evenly on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.