What does one do with three very over ripe bananas on a very disgusting November Saturday? One makes a super awesome banana loaf! We’ve even got some strawberries and mini chocolate chips in there, in case banana loaf isn’t sweet enough on it’s own! I used frozen strawberries that I thawed in the microwave and then mashed with a fork, but you could use fresh ones or big pieces and I’m sure it would turn out fine. The mini chocolate chips melt perfectly and distribute the chocolate in the whole loaf so well! My favourite thing about this was that it was so easy. I just had to mix it up and put it in the pan and then wait. I am so proud of how this loaf turned out, it really is awesome!
- 3 very very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup mashed strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add in the egg, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix it until it’s completely combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until matter is consistent with no lumps.
- Stir in strawberries and chocolate chips. Stir to distribute evenly.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and pour your batter in.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until you can stick a knife in and have it come out clean (except for all the melty chocolate!).
Because this was so easy, I could mix this up, put it in the oven, and then watch an episode of Band of Brothers while it was baking! It really was perfect for a cold rainy Saturday afternoon.